Compared with other valves, the butterfly valve has a simpler structure. It is smaller in size, lighter in weight, and has fewer components. It relies on several key components to form a butterfly valve, but it has achieved better use.
The effect, which can be expressed from the use and function of the butterfly valve, the butterfly valve uses and functions mainly include:
1. In the case of throttling adjustment under special working conditions, or requiring strict sealing, or severe wear, low temperature (deep cold) and other working conditions, the use of special design metal sealing belt adjustment device to the three eccentric or double eccentricity special butterfly valve.
2, metal-to-metal wire sealed double offset butterfly valve is suitable for urban heating, gas supply, water supply and other gas, oil, acid and alkali pipelines, as a regulation and throttling device.
3. The butterfly valve is suitable for fresh water, sewage, seawater, salt water, steam, natural gas, food, medicine, oil and oil that require complete sealing, zero gas test leakage, high life expectancy, and working temperature between -10 and 150 degrees. Various acids and bases and other pipelines.
4. Soft-sealed eccentric butterfly valve is suitable for two-way opening and closing and regulation of ventilation and dust removal pipelines. It is widely used in gas pipelines and waterways of metallurgy, light industry, electric power and petrochemical systems. Metal-to-metal surface sealing triple eccentric butterfly valve can be widely used in petroleum, petrochemical, chemical, metallurgical, electric power and other fields in addition to being used as a large-scale pressure swing adsorption gas separation device program control valve.
The butterfly valve opening and closing member is a disc-shaped butterfly plate that rotates around its own axis in the valve body to achieve the purpose of opening and closing or adjusting. The butterfly valve is normally less than 90° from full opening to full closing. The butterfly valve and the valve stem itself have no self-locking capability. For the positioning of the butterfly plate, a worm gear reducer is added to the valve stem. The use of a worm gear reducer not only allows the disc to have a self-locking capability, but also stops the disc at any position and improves the valve's operating performance. The characteristics of the industrial special butterfly valve can withstand high temperature, the pressure range is also high, the valve has a large nominal diameter, the valve body is made of carbon steel, and the sealing ring of the valve plate uses a metal ring instead of the rubber ring. Large high temperature butterfly valves are manufactured by steel plate welding and are mainly used for flue ducts and gas pipes of high temperature media.
Butterfly valves have these advantages:
1. Easy to open and close, labor saving, low fluid resistance, can be operated frequently
2. Simple structure, small size, short structure length, small size and light weight, suitable for large diameter valves
3. It is possible to transport mud and accumulate liquid at the pipe end.
4. A good seal can be achieved at low pressure
5. Good adjustment performance
6. The valve seat channel has a large effective flow area and a small fluid resistance when fully open
7. The opening and closing torque is small. Since the discs on both sides of the rotating shaft are basically equal by the medium and the torque is generated in the opposite direction, the opening and closing is called labor saving.
8. The sealing surface material is generally made of rubber and plastic, so the low pressure sealing performance is good.
9. Easy to install