Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2018-09-30 Origin: Site
What is the difference between a butterfly valve and a globe valve? To put it simply: the globe valve has better adjustment performance than the butterfly valve, and the butterfly valve has poor regulation performance. It is generally used in the case of only switching, and on the other hand, the globe valve is higher than butterfly valve for price.
The butterfly valve opening and closing part is a disc-shaped butterfly plate that rotates around its own axis in the valve body to achieve the purpose of opening and closing or adjusting. The butterfly valve is suitable for regulating and cutting off various corrosive and non-corrosive fluid media in the engineering systems of furnace, gas, natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, city gas, hot and cold air, chemical smelting and power generation and environmental protection.
The advantages of the butterfly valve:
1. It is convenient and quick to open and close, torque saving, small fluid resistance, and can be operated frequently.
2. Simple structure, small size, short structure length, small size, light weight, suitable for large diameter valves.
3. It can transport mud, the least amount of liquid accumulated in the pipe mouth.
4. Under low pressure, can achieve a good seal.
5. The adjustment performance is good.
6. The valve seat channel has a large effective flow area and a small fluid resistance when fully opened.
7. The opening and closing torque is small. Since the butterfly plates on both sides of the rotating shaft are basically equal by the medium, the torque is generated in the opposite direction, so the opening and closing is relatively labor-saving.
8. The sealing surface for centerline butterfly valve material is generally made of rubber and plastic, so the low-pressure sealing performance is good.
The globe valve is one of the most widely used type of valve. It is popular because it has small friction between the sealing surfaces during opening and closing, is relatively durable, has low opening height, is easy to manufacture, and is easy to maintain. The closing principle of the globe valve is that, relying on the pressure of the valve bar, the sealing surface of the valve disc and the sealing surface of the valve seat are closely fitted to prevent the medium from flowing.
The opening and closing part of the globe valve is a plug-shaped valve flap, the sealing surface is flat or tapered, and the valve flap moves linearly along the center line of the valve seat. The movement form of the valve stem, also has the lifting rotary rod type,the globe valve refers to the valve that the closing part moves along the center line of the valve seat. Depending on the form of movement of the flap, the change in the seat opening is proportional to the flap travel. Due to the relatively short opening or closing stroke of the valve stem of this type of valve, and the very reliable cutting function, and because the change of the valve seat opening is proportional to the stroke of the valve flap, it is very suitable for the adjustment of the flow rate. Therefore, this type of globe valve is well suited for globe or regulation and throttling.