Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2018-12-28 Origin:Site
Since the introduction of the triple offset butterfly valve for more than 50 years, these 50 years have been continuously developed, and the application of butterfly valves has spanned many industries. The original butterfly valve is only used for the interception and communication of the water medium.
The triple offset design enhances the function of the butterfly valve, and has become one of the valves with excellent performance under the worst conditions of the key process environment in the industrial pipeline equipment.
Triple offset means:
1) the center line of the disc/seat sealing surface,
2) the position of the shaft relative to the center line of the hole;
3) The axis of the seat cone angle offset from the center line of the valve bore.
The combination of these three offsets provides a tapered sealing surface that minimizes wear between the seat and the seal, increasing valve life and tightness. In addition, the superior seat surface is minimized to reduce the operating torque of the valve.
In general, its sealing characteristics and cost are superior to other metal seat valve types. Thanks to its compact design, swivel design and lightweight construction, it can be installed and operated easily, they do not require tube support. Replaceable seal rings allow for quick and easy maintenance and low torque (allowing for smaller drives) means more cost savings.
The two-way zero-leakage closed metal seat has only one soft seat valve. This will greatly expand the possibilities of the application. Flexible seal rings and optimum torque transmission mean that these valves provide fire safety design and sealing performance that can be greater than the maximum temperature range of a typical butterfly valve design. Traditionally, oil and gas processing, refining, chemical and petrochemical plants, power generation, offshore platforms, heating, paper, steel mills, sugar mills, desalination, water treatment and distribution have been found in many industries. Their use in all industries has increased strict government regulations and greater production demands, forcing users to seek solutions. The usage has also risen steadily and has existed for decades, featuring many good solutions, including those with greater challenges. These benefits include operational efficiency, wear-resistant media and chemicals to a certain temperature or pressure, and versatility in numerous operating conditions.
Using the features of the design to further improve the safety and performance of the valve, including:
1. The metal-to-metal seal is formed by a precision machined sealing surface and a sealing ring. Even in high temperature and high pressure and other harsh service environments, two-way sealing and zero leakage can be achieved. Low-friction and streamlined standard right-angle cone design, metal-to-metal can solve thermal expansion and contraction, which is an important feature in high temperature and high pressure environment. Metal-to-metal seals allow for use in oil fields where fire protection is required.
2. The optimal seat sealing surface design, the valve seat sealing surface is made of surfacing steel on the valve body, and the sealing surface has a longer life and better wear resistance, even if it is repeatedly used. This seal design reduces friction with the disc and reduces operating torque.
3, the special valve seat design uses the valve to automatically adjust the valve seal. The floating seal ring and a wide seal ring support gasket make sealing and opening and closing more reliable. This seat ensures that the valve has a two-way seal.
4, the valve design of the positioning pin and in the low position of the disc, allowing good performance in thermal expansion, to minimize the valve stem interference. Therefore, the valve has a long service life.