Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-05-27 Origin:Site
The industrial gate valve refers to a valve in which the closing part (gate) moves in the vertical direction of the center line of the passage. The gate valve can only be used for full opening and full closing in the pipeline, and cannot be adjusted and throttled. The gate valve is a kind of industrial valves which is widely used. It is generally used for cutting devices with a diameter of DN ≥ 50mm. Sometimes the cutting device with a small diameter also uses a gate valve.
List of content for this article：
·Difference applications for gate valve
·Gate valve using tips
·Various conditions for gate valve
When the valve is opened, when the lift height of the gate is equal to 1:1 times the diameter of the valve, the passage of the fluid is completely unblocked, but this position cannot be monitored during operation. In actual use, the apex of the valve stem is used as a mark, that is, the position where the valve is opened, as its fully open position. In order to consider the temperature change, the lock phenomenon is usually turned on to the apex position, and then back to 1/2-1 turn as the position of the fully open valve. Therefore, the fully open position of the valve is determined by the position of the shutter (ie stroke).
Gate valve application:
1. Gate valves are commonly used in open-close applications and cannot be used for throttling applications.
2. The gate valve is usually mounted on a horizontal pipe with the valve stem vertically up. It can also be installed on a vertical pipe or a horizontal pipe whose valve stem is not vertically upward, but depending on the size of the valve, the application environment and the material, a special structure may be required. If the valve purchased is to be prepared in a special way, the orientation of the valve should be stated when ordering.
3. For applications with temperatures above 260 °C, flexible or split wedges are recommended to prevent the wedges from getting stuck due to thermal expansion. This can happen when the valve is cold closed and then hot open.
4. When used in high speed fluid (turbulent flow) or thermal cycling applications, to avoid loosening, the threaded seat ring should be bolted to the valve body. Please specify the instructions when ordering.
5. After closing the gate valve, the stem should be slightly rotated (1/8 to 1/4 turn) to relieve the stem load. This allows the valve stem to expand slightly without jamming or damaging the valve and without affecting the closing effect.
6. If the seat ring mounting lug is removed, the highly integral closing gate valve can be used in hot water outlets or in ducted systems using soft iron. Please specify the instructions when ordering.
7. The pump station can use the valve that is not restricted by the site, has many impurities in the water, and is easy to block the important position. The flashlight dual-purpose gate valve can be used; otherwise, the industrial butterfly valve can be used, especially in the pump house renovation project, the butterfly valve can be used for effective use. The space of the original pump house is to increase the supply (discharge) of water under the premise of the original pump room area.